I took some time to work on my paper clay doll. I have progressed quite a bit. It’s slow work this first time around because I have to correct quite a lot. Some steps were easier than I thought. I’ve hollow out all the parts which means removing all the styrene. This was way easier than I thought and quite pleasurable. I had to reinforce some thin areas with more clay. At this phase I could do it on the inside. As you sculpt it hard to know how thick the clay is. I have added detail to the body and done some sanding. I’ve created the balls for the joints and have now set them in. This was a challenge . The part that made me the most nervous was cutting the doll into the necessary pieces.
The biggest problem was at each joint the area has to be able to fit a perfectly round joint. If this isn’t correct from the get go you have a problem. You need to be aware of this at the initial drawing stage. My knee-joint were not correct so I had to alter them a bit. It’s been a fabulous learning experience and I suspect no one gets it all right first time. I love processes and am sticking to the books guidance .It makes it so much easier. Attending a class would have been better but I might have had to go far for that – like Japan or Korea
I will do her head soon. I wanted to see how the body went first and now it will be easier to do the head size I would like. Words done – here are a few pics.